Has this ever happened to you – you crawl into bed, tired, exhausted and DETERMINED to fall asleep quickly, only to find yourself tossing and turning an hour later?
Or maybe this scenario – you fall asleep quickly, but find yourself waking up at around 3 or 4am, and unable to fall back to sleep?
Frustrating, isn’t it??
This often happens when we are under stress. Too many thoughts swirling in our brain and no way to process them! Overwhelmed, we will ourselves to break the pattern, but those old thoughts just keep swirling and swirling, round and round. The fatigue builds, the stress expands, and all we want to do is GET TO SLEEP!
How to Break the Habit?
The secret key to falling asleep easily, or falling back to sleep, is to stop trying! You see, the harder you “try” to fall asleep, the more it evades you. The key to getting a good night’s sleep actually lies in not “trying”, but “allowing” your body and mind to be quiet, peaceful and at ease.
Quick Tip to Getting a Good Night Sleep
Here is an exercise from my TranformationZ 30-day Stress Reduction Program. Try it for a few nights and notice your sleep become deep and restful. Do this exercise right before bed.
Creating a Shield of Light
- Take a few deep breaths
- Ask that all that you do or experience be for the highest and most loving good
- Visualize a stream of light coming from above your head and flowing over your body
- You can imagine this light in any color
- Allow the light to flow in, through and around you
- Ask that the light protect you from anything that is not for your highest and most loving good and that it help you to be open to your intuition and higher self
- Let a deep calm spread over you – snuggle up, and close your eyes.
Good night, Sleep tight!